Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Fairytale Retellings I Want To Read


Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish.
This week’s topic is… Ten Fairytale Retellings I've Read/Want To Read (or you could do fairytales I want to be retold or fairytales I love)
In case you didn’t already know, I LOVE fairytale retellings.  There were so many variations that I could have done of this Top Ten. 
But, I did my Top Ten fairytale retellings that I really want to read.   Because, I basically want to read ALL of the retellings. 

Which Retellings are on the top of my TBR?

1.     Cress (Rapunzel)
The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
I’ve needed to read this one for a while.  I hope to get around to it sometime this month.  I’ve heard that Cress is the best book in the series yet, and I can’t wait to read it. 

2.     Cruel Beauty (Beauty and the Beast)
By Rosamund Hodge
I’ve really wanted to read one of her books for the longest time.  They look wonderful and I think I’d really love them.  Why haven't I read this yet?  Hopefully soon!

3.     A Court of Thorns and Roses (Beauty and the beast)
By Sarah J. Maas
I adore SJM and her books are always wonderful.  I seriously cannot believe I haven’t read this yet.  Beauty and the Beast retellings are always fun plus SJM’s writing and FAE and her amazing (fictional) men.  Yes, please.  

4.      Entwined  (The Twelve Dancing Princesses)
By Heather Dixon
I’ve had this book for the longest time.  Still haven’t gotten around to reading it yet.  I will eventually (hopefully soon) read this one.  I’ve read other 12 Dancing Princess retellings in the past, and really enjoyed them. 


5.     A Long Long Sleep  (Sleeping Beauty)
By Anna Sheehan
What drew me to this one is the fact that it’s a sci-fi fairytale retelling.  I LOVE when Sci-Fi is mixed with fairytale retellings because it usually brings such amazing outcomes.   It’s just a great mix.

6.     A Kiss In Time (Sleeping Beauty)
By Alex Flinn
I‘ve had my eye on this one for a while.  It just looks super cute and funny and lighthearted.  

7.     Sisters Grimm Series
By Michael Buckley and Peter Ferguson
This is actually a children’s book series that I’ve heard nothing but great things about.  It sort of seems like Percy Jackson-ish, but with fairytales.  Two sisters find out that they are the descendants of the brothers Grimm and it gets them involved in all kinds of adventures and mysteries.  It mixes fairytales and mystery and I can’t wait to read it! I’ll probably be getting around to this one really soon.  

8.     Princess of Glass (Cinderella)
By Jessica Day George
I’ve read some of her previous fairytale retellings (including the first book in this series) and really enjoyed them.  Hopefully, one day, I’ll get around to continuing on with this series.

(and because I just have to)



1.      Winter  (Snow White)
By Marissa Meyer 
I am so excited for Winter.  I LOVE the Lunar Chronicles and I can’t wait to get my hands on Winter!  (and I haven’t even read Cress yet)  Let’s be serious.  Who ISN’T excited for Winter??

10.     The Shadow Queen  (Snow White)
By C.J. Redwine 
I haven’t read anything by C.J Redwine yet, (which is regrettable) Hopefully that will change once The Shadow Queen comes out.  Because it looks AMAZING. 

There you have it!  And I didn’t even get into all of the other categories of retellings.  Really, the list could go on and on. 
I can’t wait to see everyone else’s lists (more retellings for my TBR!!)  Also, if you’ve read any of these, let me know what you thought.  Thanks for stopping by!
Olivia


18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great List! Cress is on mine also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really hoping to read it soon.

      Delete
  3. Oh my god Olivia you have to read A Court of Thorns and Roses like NOW. Its so amazing and, like you said SJM's men are not to be missed!! I also love the Princess books by Jessica Day George, the first one is my favorite but the other two are good as well! Also, Cress. Do it and do it now because you'll be so happy when you're reading it.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. It's really a tragedy that I haven't read them yet. They are pretty much the top 2 books on my TBR right now.
      You've got me so excited to read both of them <3

      Delete
  4. Loving this list, a bunch of these are on my TBR as well! So many good fairytale-esque stories to read ... thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It seems like there are more fairytale retellings than ever.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of a "Long, Long Sleep," but it looks really pretty. Oh, and of course, reading Entwined is high on my virtual "must" list. I've been told by people I trust that it's amazing. Fun list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! Hopefully I can read Entwined soon. I should have a fairytale retelling marathon to get all of these read. XD

      Delete
  6. The Shadow Queen has me hooked already--and I don't even have a copy. I'll be eagerly awaiting that one when it comes out. I really do need to read The Lunar Chronicles. I feel like I'm on repeat the amount of times I've said that today seeing it on everyone's lists. It must be good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME.
      It's fantastic! It really does have something for everyone, whether you like action or sci-fi or romance. I hope you love it.

      Delete
  7. Sisters Grimm series is life :). I loved reading about their stories and I like that every book is mix of characters. Sort of like Once Upon Time TV series, but in a pg book form. The girls and their grandmother are adorable and I like the mystery. I totally ship Puck and Sabrina like no other book couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad to hear from someone else who loves The Sisters Grimm. I can't wait to start it. It sounds super amazing <3

      Delete
  8. Great list! Sisters Grimm is a great series, and A Long Long Sleep sounds really cool. Love this week's theme!! Here is my TTT: http://www.bookworminkorporated.com/best-current-and-anticipated-fairy-tale-retellings/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. This week's theme was super fun. I hope I end up liking both of them.

      Delete
  9. I really really want to read the CJ Redwine book too!! (I love her name. So so authorly and epic.XD) I haven't read anything by her yet either. And AFDJKASL I LOVE THE LUNAR CHRONICLES. Have you read Fairest yet?! That one is totally amazing and fills in sooo much backstory too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list! I love that there's so many retellings that I've never heard of! More books to add on my TBR haha. You really need to get to ACOTAR! As for CJ Redwine, I like her writing style. I read Defiance by her and it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You SO need to read A Court of Thorns and Roses, Olivia!!!! You will LOVE it so much! I've added The Shadow Queen to my list :D
    I hope you're having a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete