Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Find Me Book Tag













I’m doing a tag today!  Tags are so much fun, and I was nominated by Kara at Diary of A Teen Writer.  Thanks so much! 
I don’t take pictures, and I’m not good at photography.  But, I thought I’d challenge myself so all of these pictures are ones I took. 

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
1. Find a book in the 10 categories listed below, take a photo or post the cover.
2. Tag the next victims

3. Link back to Christy at Novel Ink!

A book with…


 A Sunset

Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson


I had trouble finding this one.  There seem to be quite a few sunrises, but sunsets are a little harder.  However, I am pretty sure this one is a sunset.  This is one of my favorite book covers and it’s so gorgeous in person.

Water

  

Not A Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis

This was an interesting pick.  The IS a pond on the cover.  Although, the story surrounds a girl living in a post-apocalyptic world where there is NO WATER.  So, why would I pick this book?  While there may not be a lot of actual water, the world and story surrounds water.  

A flower



Champion by Marie Lu

This is pretty self-explanatory.  The cover has a huge flower on it.  But besides that, it’s really pretty and different because it’s not an actual flower, but a painted flower.  And I love the texture of the flower in person.  I just love how this cover was done and this flower is so pretty.

A Heart


Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I love the cute little hearts on this version.  These new covers for this series are absolutely adorable.  And quite honestly, I had trouble finding a book with a heart. 

Gone In the title


Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards

I feel like everyone is going to use Since You’ve Been Gone for this one, so I’m quite proud that I found a different one.  Because it’s kind of hard to find a book with gone in the title. 

A Girl IN A white dress


Enchanted by Alethea Kontis

I LOVE this cover.  (and the book is beautiful as well)  I’m glad I could use this book because it’s a really good fantasy/fairytale retelling that not a lot of people have heard of.  

A couple kissing


Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

This one took a me a while to see at first.  But behind the title, there is a picture of two people kissing.  And I like it because it’s not plastered on the front of the book.  You don’t see it right away (at least I didn’t)

Headphones


Welcome Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Corriel

I almost thought I wouldn’t be able to find this one.  But then I remembered this book and it fits perfect.  I love the cover of this book and in person, it’s all shiny and shimmery.  

A moon


The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

This actually looks like it has more than one moon on it.  Do I get bonus points for that?  

A weapon


The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel

There were WAY too many options for this one.  BUT this one is great especially because the spine is a weapon also.  How cool is that?

I really enjoyed doing this tag and it challenged me to do something I don’t do normally. (which is take pictures)  Thanks so much for tagging me, Kara. 

All of the book I showed here (except for Patrick Ness)are books I’ve read and loved and you should definitely check them out.  I loved being able to give shout outs to some lesser known books. 

I Tag:
Alejandra @ Alejandra’s Musings
Caroline @ Stardust and Words
Nicola from Nicola Reads YA
Tiffany from The Bookish Thought 

Olivia
















4 comments:

  1. OMG I SEE THAT I HAVE BEEN NOMINATED AHHHHH!!! I will try my best. Thank you, Olivia! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag! This looks like so much fun. I'll really have to look through my books, there were some that I don't think I'd have but I guess I'll have to do a thorough search. Have you read Not A Drop to Drink? Is it good? I also adore the new covers for Anna and the French Kiss. Took me a while but I finally saw the kissing couple in Maybe Someday! Haha awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! Thank you for tagging me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only just noticed you posted this!! Yay--thanks for doing the tag! And EXCELLENT choices! :D Haha I so agree: it was very hard to choose a book for the weapon tag. ;)

    ReplyDelete