Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: Best Books I've Read So Far This Year


Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish.
This week’s topic is…  Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2015
This is a tough topic!  I’ve read so many amazing books this year.  Seriously, though, this has been an amazing year for me, reading wise.  I’m happy to be able to share with you guys my Top Ten best books so far this year.  I hope you get the chance to read these, because they’re all amazing. 
Also, these are in no particular order. 

What books blew me away this year?



The Young Elites by Marie Lu
This was my first Marie Lu book ever and I absolutely loved the writing.  This book wasn’t perfect, but I loved the story, the way it made me feel.  I loved the darkness of the story and the darkness of the MC, Adelina.  Adelina is and anti-hero and I feel like there should be more of that in YA.  I’d definitely read more books from the point of view of the villain. 


The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
I finally read The Book Thief in the beginning of this year.  And it was just as amazing as I’d hoped it would be.  This was an amazing book and I loved reading historical fiction again.  It’s a book that anyone, no matter whether you read YA or not, will enjoy.



Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
This book was AMAZING.  This was my first official Morgan Matson books and it blew me away.  I loved the characters, the story, the friendships.  This is a beautiful summer story about friendship, gaining them and losing them.  About not being afraid to try new things and about discovering yourself.  I can’t recommend this one enough!


Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I couldn’t NOT put this one on my list.  The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of my favorites and the conclusion did not disappoint.  It wrapped up beautifully and I love this world and these characters so much.  Who else is pumped for Daemon’s upcoming book?? 



Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
This is such an amazing fantasy series with a strong, kick butt protagonist, a great love interest, plus magic.  I thought I would never find another series like Throne of Glass.  And while they are still completely unique, Poison Study had aspects that reminded me so much of Throne Of Glass.  If you’re a fan of Throne of Glass, you’ll love Poison Study and the amazing characters like Yelena and Valek. 


Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
I’d heard great things about Colleen Hoover, but I was still surprised.  She manages to create an amazing love story with characters you can root for.  But, still at the same time, writes an amazing novel that deals with big issues and leaves you thinking on a deeper level that most comtemporary/romance books. 


The Assassins Blade by Sarah J. Maas
This was written by Sarah J. Maas, was there really any doubt that it would be one of my favorites of the year?  I loved getting to see Celaena back in her assassin days.  That’s something I wanted to read about from the first time I picked up Throne Of Glass and I was so happy to get a little more insight into Celaena and her backstory.  Plus, SAM. *SOBS*


All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Ally Carter is one of my favorite authors and it has been a while since we’d gotten a new series from her, so I was beyond excited.  She managed to do it again, in that same Ally Carter style.  I fell in love with the world, the setting, the characters, and the mystery surrounding Embassy Row. 


Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
This is one I’ve just read recently, but I was so amazed by this book.  It has relatable characters, a great message and such amazing friendships.  It provides a look at mental illness (specifically OCD).  This was an incredible book and it comes highly recommended. 


The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
This book was mind blowing.  It was everything I’d been hearing about it and more. Wonderfully written, amazing characters and character development and an immersive setting.  I fell in love with this book and I’m eagerly awaiting the sequel. 

All of these books were hands-down, five star reads for me.  I fell in love (and am still in love) with all of these books.  I very highly recommend each and every one of these and hope you get the time to check them out!

There were also quite a few that I couldn’t fit on the list:  Something Real by Heather Demetrious, Splintered by A.G. Howard, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, and The Winners Curse by Marie Rutkoski.  They were all great, so check those out too.  
Olivia



21 comments:

  1. I am so eager to read every last word. I am really into books like that lately! Glad to see it on your list this week :)

    My TTT https://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/top-ten-tuesday-so-far-in-2015/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get around to it soon! It's an amazing book.

      Delete
  2. I love so many of these!!!!! The Wrath and the Dawn, Since You've Been Gone, The Assassin's Blade, The Book Thief... you have an amazing list. I really need to get to Every Last Word, it is definitely really high on my TBR list.
    Here my TTT Thanks for Sharing Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      You absolutely do It's a great book - I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

      Delete
  3. Poison Study, yes, yes, yes! All the yes! I definitely think that book in underrated! Great list! A lot of these are on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. I love it so much and it's definitely so underrated. Anyone who likes fantasy should read Poison Study.
      They're all great, so I hope you can get around to them.

      Delete
  4. I read The Book Thief with my book club last year before the film was released and we all loved it! Definitely in my favourite books of all time! Poison Study is fantastic too!

    Here's my TTT: http://bmariebooks.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! I'm in a book club too. I still haven't seen the movie yet.
      Poison Study is wonderful! More people need to read it.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Great list! Since You've Been Gone, Opposition and Maybe Someday are some of my favorites from last year!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They were all so good. I can't wait to read more by those authors.

      Delete
  6. OH.MY.GOSH. Maria Snyder's Study series is AMAZING! And I recently finished The Wrath and the Dawn - I am desperate for the sequel. Can't wait to read Since You've Been Gone. I already read two of Morgan Matson's book and they were really great (and heartwrenching).

    PS I didn't know the MC in The Young Elites is an anti-hero. I really need to pick it up soon. SO MANY BOOKS TO READ AAAAH!

    Haraiah @ Random Things In Action

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. It should be WAY more popular than it is.
      Same here!! I don't know how i'll be able to wait for the sequel.
      I hope you get around to Since You've Been Gone soon! It's such an amazing book.
      Yes she is! That's what I loved most about The Young Elites. You definitely should read it.
      Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

      Delete
  7. This is a great list. I haven't yet read Poison Study but I have it on my wish list. I've heard such great things about it. Sarah J. Maas is an author I definitely need to check out. I just love her covers and the books sound so good. The Book Thief is one of my all time favorite books--such a powerful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it soon! It's amazing.
      Poison Study and Throne of Glass are my two favorite fantasy books/series of all time.
      YES The Book Thief!

      Delete
  8. Great list! The Book Thief will always be a favorite of mine. Every other book is actually on my TBR. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Fun! I hope you get to read them soon.

      Delete
  9. Great list! I can't believe I've not read any of these. I'm hoping to get to Since You've Been Gone and the Young Elites this summer.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great list!! If I read Book Thief this year, it would've been on my list, too. Have you see the movie? I liked it, too haha. I still need to read Legend, Poison Study and Wrath and Dawn! So many great books here! Opposition! I can't wait until we get the book in Damon's point of view!

    Anjie @ Love thy Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. Young Elites was excellent:) You must read the Legend trilogy:D I didn't enjoy Maybe Someday much, I actually DNFed it:( Assassin's Blade was amazing! Same<3 I need to read The Wrath and the Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks!! I thought All Fall Down was severely underrated, because I loved it. ALSO YES to Since You've Been Gone, that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I JUST read The Young Elites and absolutely LOVED it! I also love how Adelina is an antihero, makes the story much more interesting. And The Book Thief KILLED me--in a good way. Great list!

    ReplyDelete