Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #8

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking The Spine that spotlights an upcoming release that you are anticipating.
This week, I’m most anticipating Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

Publish Date: June 16th  2015             

Genres: Contemporary







What is Every Last Word about?
 If you could read my mind, you wouldn't be smiling.

Samantha McAllister looks just like the rest of the popular girls in her junior class. But hidden beneath the straightened hair and expertly applied makeup is a secret that her friends would never understand: Sam has Purely-Obsessional OCD and is consumed by a stream of dark thoughts and worries that she can't turn off.

Second-guessing every move, thought, and word makes daily life a struggle, and it doesn't help that her lifelong friends will turn toxic at the first sign of a wrong outfit, wrong lunch, or wrong crush. Yet Sam knows she'd be truly crazy to leave the protection of the most popular girls in school. So when Sam meets Caroline, she has to keep her new friend with a refreshing sense of humor and no style a secret, right up there with Sam's weekly visits to her psychiatrist.

Caroline introduces Sam to Poet's Corner, a hidden room and a tight-knit group of misfits who have been ignored by the school at large. Sam is drawn to them immediately, especially a guitar-playing guy with a talent for verse, and starts to discover a whole new side of herself. Slowly, she begins to feel more "normal" than she ever has as part of the popular crowd . . . until she finds a new reason to question her sanity and all she holds dear.
 

Why am I waiting for Every Last Word?

i had read a book by Tamara Ireland Stone a couple of years ago and absolutely adored it.  I was so excited when I heard that she had another book coming out.  I think this has the potential to be a really great book.   It sounds really good and I feel like I don't read enough books like this.  I don't believe I've ever read a book about someone with OCD and I'm really excited to finally be able to.  



Are you waiting for Every Last Word, too? Have you read any other books by Tamara Ireland Stone?  What are you waiting for?

13 comments:

  1. This is my pick as well! I think this sounds like a great read and i can't wait to see if it lives up to my expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I think it's going to be really good and I hope we both like it!

      Delete
  2. I'm seeing this book circulating around a lot. I really hope you wind up enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already heard good things about this book, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I love the OCD angle, it's something new I haven't seen either in YA. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm interested in reading about something new!

      Delete
  4. So excited for this! I don't think I've read a book where the character has OCD either so it should be interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really excited to read something different!

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a really original book. I've never read a book before about a person with OCD. It sounds really interesting. Great pick! Adding it to my tbr pile. Thanks!

    Kim @ Bookworm Book Reviews
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I haven't either so I'm really excited. No problem. Always happy to add books to people's TBR's :)

      Delete
  6. I am excited to read this one too!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my pick for next week. I can't wait for it either!

    Joana @ The Boundless Book List

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this cover around the blogosphere, but never read the synopsis. It sounds really interesting. I don't think I've ever read a book about OCD. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete