Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer TBR

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish.
This week’s topic is…  Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015
A couple of weeks ago, I did “Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads”,  where I listed 5 books that should be in your beach bag and 5 books that will be in my beach bag.  This topic is kind of similar, but I’m doing it anyway.  Because there are always many books on my TBR. 

What will I be reading this summer?

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Seriously.  This needs to happen this summer.  The Lunar Chronicles is like my favorite series and I’ve heard great things from pretty much EVERYONE EVER.  I can’t put this off any longer.   I have to just pick it up and start reading.  This is ridiculous. 





Nowhere But Here by Katie Mcgarry
This book looks so fun!  Forbidden love, motorcycle gangs… I very much want to read a Katie Mcgarry book and this looks like a great place to start.  I hauled this book a couple of weeks ago, so all I need is to pick it up and start reading!




A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Why haven’t I read this yet??  I bought it soon after it came out, yet there it sits.  This book looks SO GOOD.  Plus, I mean, it’s written by Sarah J. Maas. 





Heir of Fire by Sarah J/ Maas
This is going to be the summer of catching up on series and reading books that I can’t figure out why I haven’t read them yet.  Throne of Glass is another one of my favorite series and I’d really love to be caught up with the series in time to read Queen of Shadows when it comes out in September. 




The Winners Crime
Pretty much the same story as the other ones.  I NEED to find out what happens to Kestrel and Arin!  Plus, I hear that The Winners Crime is even better that the first book, The Winners Curse. 






Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
It seems like this book came out such a long time ago.  I’ve wanted to read since BEFORE it came out.  What’s stopping me?  Nothing really.  This has to happen this summer. 






This Shattered World
This came out in December or something and I was so insanely excited to get it.  I love this series and can’t wait to continue on with Lilac and Tarver AND get to meet two amazing new characters.





Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour
I’ve wanted to read this book for YEARS.  I would really LOVE to finally read the book this summer.  I loved Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson and I’m really excited to read more books by her! 





Legend by Marie Lu
Again.  I’ve really want to read this series since forever.  A friend of mine LOVES this series and every time she talks about it I’m just like “I NEED to read this.”  This series sounds amazing and I loved The Young Elites by Marie Lu, so I have no doubt I’ll enjoy this one too. 



The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Kids with superpowers?  I need this book in my life.  I know I’ll LOVE this series and it’s something that I’ve wanted to read for so long.  Why keep procrastinating?






So, there’s that!  It looks like I’ll be catching up on a lot of things that I’ve wanted to read for a long time, which will be great.  And I own most of these already, so I really can't make any more excuses.  What’s on your TBR this summer? 

13 comments:

  1. YESSSS. Cress!! I loved that book! Actually I think it was my favourite in the series. Yep, I'll be reading ACOTAR very soon as well. I loved her other series; fingers crossed I'll love this one just as much. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked Cress - I can't wait to read it, and i'm sure it'll be amazing. I really same here! Sarah J. Maas's s writing is amazing and I'm sure ACOTAR will be great!

      Delete
  2. Oh my god Cress, ACOTAR, Legend, Amy and Rogers, Heir of Fire and the Winner's Crime? You're going to have an amazing summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so :)
      These are all books that I NEED to read this summer because I seriously can't wait any longer.

      Delete
  3. I need to read Heir of Fire too! When are you reading it? Maybe a buddy read? I also need to read ACOTAR as well! You'll love Legend! So action-packed! Great list:) My Review of Finding Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really hope you enjoy A Court of Thorns and Roses, Olivia! It's a really great book :-) I bought Cinder the other day and I can't wait to read it :-) Hope you get to read some of these :-) Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many amazing novels on your list! I think The Lunar Chronicles is one of those series that just keeps getting better with every single book. Cress is definitely my favorite novel from the series. This Shattered World totally lives up to These Broken Stars! I would say it's even more exciting and you'll learn a lot more about the world they live in. The Winner's Crime didn't let me down either, though I only rated it four stars, it wasn't bad by far. You HAVE TO read The Darkest Minds! For a long-long time I kept putting it aside and I only got around reading it this year and I'm so mad at myself for being afraid of this novel. Really need to finish the trilogy this summer.
    Lovely list!
    Veronika @ My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously agree with every single choice on your list. I LOVE the Lunar Chronicles, as well as the Darkest Minds trilogy. ACOTAR was wonderful as well. I'm hoping to read Nowhere But Here soon too; it's already sitting on my shelves waiting to be read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of these are on my TBR. I can't wait to read them and I'm intrigued to see what you think when you get them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got so many great books! I'm so excited for you -- especially for you to get to Heir of Fire, ACOTAR, and Cress!! I think they're all my favorite reads this year haha. I know you'll enjoy them! The Darkest Minds was a great book! I hope you enjoy that one, too! I just bought Afterworlds and Legend has been sitting on my shelf for the longest time. I hope you get through your TBR! Happy Reading :D

    Anjie @ Love thy Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great books. I loved Cress. I really hope you enjoy it too and the rest of the books on your summer TBR. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fantastic lineup. I will be reading Cress this summer too. I hope that we both love it. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cress is great. I highly recommend it. Hopefully you'll like it as much as I did! I'm also looking forward to reading Legend. I love The Young Elites and that one sounds really interesting as well.

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete