Saturday, June 27, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up #8

This week, I’m linking up with Stacking The Shelves, and Sunday Post.  Go check them out!
This week was a great reading week for me!
I read TWO amazing, incredible five star books. 
I was able to keep up with my blog this week and I posted something everyday, which is great. 
I’m going away on vacation next Saturday, though, and I’ll be gone for a week.   Most likely, I’m just going to take a break from my blog and I’ll be back in a week.  But we’ll see, it depends on if I have time to write a couple of reviews ahead of time. 

What happened on the blog this week?


Monday: Review: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

 

 

I’ve wanted to read this book for a year now, and I’m so glad that I finally got around to it.  I really loved this one and It’s become one of my favorite contemporary books.

 

Tuesday: Upcoming 2015 Releases Part 2: Contemporary, Dystopian, and Mystery

 

 

This week I went a little off the schedule and instead of doing the assigned TTT topic, I continued the TTT from a couple of weeks ago and did part 2 of my upcoming releases.  This was super fun and I’m glad I got to feature some of my non-fantasy anticipated releases. 

 

 

Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday #11

 

This week, I featured Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson.  This is one I’m really looking forward to it’s a steampunk alternate history book with spies which just sounds like pure awesomeness. 

 

 

Thursday: Review: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

I reviewed the second and final part of the To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before Duology.  Such an amazing series! 

 

Friday: Review: Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan

                                                                                                 

This was a mystery/thriller with a great revenge story.  I really enjoyed this one and would definitely recommend it to any fans of mystery/thrillers. 

 

Saturday: Review: Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

THIS BOOK.  THIS BOOK.  It was amazing and incredible and I can’t recommend this enough.  Please check it out – it’s a must read! 

 

What new books did I get this week?

Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan

I’d seen good reviews for this one and had my eye on it for a while.  I ended up reading and reviewing this one right away, which doesn’t always happen.  Check out my review for more info!





Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

I am SO GLAD that I picked up this book.  It was amazing and I just want to get EVERYONE to read it.  See my review for more details on this wonderful book! 






The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

I ended up at the bookstore with no idea what to buy.  And I remembered that EVERYONE has been saying how incredible this book is.  I decided I wanted to pick it up and see for myself.  And I’m glad I did!  More to come in a review next week!





Kissing In America by Margo Rabb

I haven’t heard too much about this one and decided to pick this one up on a whim because it just sounded so cute!  Have you read this one?  What did you think?





What books did I read this week?
This week started out amazing, reading – wise.  But, it slowed down towards the end somehow.  I’m currently in the middle of two pretty big books, though, so I made progress in Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas and No Where But Here by Katie Mcgarry. 

Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan

I enjoyed this one.  Check out my review for more details!








 Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

 

This book was so amazing!  I can’t even begin to explain everything I loved about this book, so see my review for more thoughts!






The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

I’m SO INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL that I read so many amazing reviews and I finally picked this one up.  This was one of the most wonderful books I’ve read in a long long time.  Review soon to come!





How did your week go?  Are you planning on reading or have you read any of these books?

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I JUST bought Wrath and the Dawn too!! I have my fingers crossed that it'll arrive super soon because I'm sooo excited for it!! (Although also a bit nervous because so many of my highly-anticipated reads of this year have sort of, um, fallen flat for me. I think I'm being too picky! OOOPS.) But yesss...I'm so glad you loved it and I can't wait to read it too. ^_^
    Hope you have a good holiday!!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to enjoy Rebel Mechanics. It was awesome. Wrath and The Dawn sounds like a good retelling.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul this week! I read Every Last Word last week and it was so amazing, so I hope you really enjoy that one. If you loved We Were Liars, you'd really love it. Have a great week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kissing In America is a book I keep seeing around the bookstore I work at just because the cover screams for you to look at it! I look forward to your review - maybe I'll decide then whether or not to pick it up too ;P I really loved your review of Every Last Work too! I haven't read a novel where I was fully satisfied with how they dealt with Purely-Obsessional OCD but this one sounds like it comes close! I'll try to pick it up soon! Thanks for sharing all this awesomeness this week! HAPPY READING! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I am literally drooling right now looking at all of these books! Happy READING! :D

    ReplyDelete