Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #11

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking The Spine that spotlights an upcoming release that you are anticipating.
This week, I’m most anticipating Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson

Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson

Publish Date: July 14th  2015             

Genres: Steampunk, Historical Fiction, Fantasy






What is Rebel Mechanics about?

A sixteen-year-old governess becomes a spy in this alternative U.S. history where the British control with magic and the colonists rebel by inventing.
It’s 1888, and sixteen-year-old Verity Newton lands a job in New York as a governess to a wealthy leading family—but she quickly learns that the family has big secrets. Magisters have always ruled the colonies, but now an underground society of mechanics and engineers are developing non-magical sources of power via steam engines that they hope will help them gain freedom from British rule. The family Verity works for is magister—but it seems like the children's young guardian uncle is sympathetic to the rebel cause. As Verity falls for a charming rebel inventor and agrees to become a spy, she also becomes more and more enmeshed in the magister family’s life. She soon realizes she’s uniquely positioned to advance the cause—but to do so, she’ll have to reveal her own dangerous secret.

Why am I waiting for Rebel Mechanics?

Any book that mentions anything about spies and it’s pretty much a guarantee that I’ll be reading it. 
Besides that, I think this just sounds like a really cool and unique premise.   The historical fiction aspect, but with fantasy and steampunk elements sounds so cool.  The idea of the British using only magic and that the colonists are “rebelling” or starting the revolution by inventing and creating machines is so cool. 
I haven’t read a whole lot of steampunk books either, and I’m always looking to expand and try different genres. 


Are you waiting for Rebel Mechanics, too? Any other steampunk recommendations for me?  Are you waiting for this too?  What are you waiting for? 

20 comments:

  1. Sounds really good. Im not familiar with this one or Shanna Swenson. I need to check it out. Thanks for sharing

    Paula
    http://thankyoumsbowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had never heard of this author before either. You're welcome!

      Delete
  2. It looks epic. I hope you enjoy it.

    Here's my WOW

    Also don't miss my $30 giveaway to Amazon here

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds kinda interesting. Actually hadn't heard of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book just sounds SOOO good! I can't wait to read it! At least it's coming out in just a few weeks! New follower!

    My WoW

    Lizzie @ Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, at least we won't have too long to wait!
      Thanks <3

      Delete
  5. This sounds really good! I love alternate history!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds so cool -- I haven't really read anything themed steampunk yet but the spies part hooks me!!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I want to reach out a little and try different genres and this looked like a good place to start!
      But same here - spies in books are GREAT.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great read! The cover is really pretty and it's steampunk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh I love the idea of steampunk colonial alternate universe spies... it sounds awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Doesn't that sounds like the greatest combo ever?

      Delete
  9. Great pick! I'm really looking forward to this one too. I haven't seen a steampunk novel in a while! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it seems like they are kind of hard to come by. I hope we both enjoy it!

      Delete
  10. Ooo this sounds really interesting! I haven't really explored steampunk so this might be a good place to start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking too! Hopefully we both get the chance to pick this one up and we both like it.

      Delete