Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #10

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking The Spine that spotlights an upcoming release that you are anticipating.

This week, I’m most anticipating Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan

Publish Date: August 18th  2015             

Genres: Fantasy, Mythology








What is Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes about?

Who cut off Medusa's head? Who was raised by a she-bear? Who tamed Pegasus? It takes a demigod to know, and Percy Jackson can fill you in on the all the daring deeds of Perseus, Atalanta, Bellerophon, and the rest of the major Greek heroes. Told in the funny, irreverent style readers have come to expect from Percy, ( I've had some bad experiences in my time, but the heroes I'm going to tell you about were the original old school hard luck cases. They boldly screwed up where no one had screwed up before. . .) and enhanced with vibrant artwork by Caldecott Honoree John Rocco, this story collection will become the new must-have classic for Rick Riordan's legions of devoted fans--and for anyone who needs a hero. So get your flaming spear. Put on your lion skin cape. Polish your shield and make sure you've got arrows in your quiver. We're going back about four thousand years to decapitate monsters, save some kingdoms, shoot a few gods in the butt, raid the Underworld, and steal loot from evil people. Then, for dessert, we'll die painful tragic deaths. Ready? Sweet. Let's do this.

Why am I waiting for Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes?

Come on, guys!  It’s Percy Jackson!  Is there any other explanation needed?
Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods was hilarious and wonderful and had such beautiful artwork.  I’ve missed Percy’s sassy narration and this is great because it’s pretty much Percy unfiltered.  It’s great to watch Percy tell the stories and put his own spin on them. 

Are you waiting for Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes, too? Are you obsessed with Percy Jackson like I am?  What are you waiting for?









17 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the Percy Jackson books but I know so many people are huge fans of Riordan's books. Hope you get this, and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Percy Jackson books are great! Thanks <3

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Percy Jackson but I did watch the movie. :D
    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read the books! They're so much better.

      Delete
    2. I second Olivia. If you liked the movie, you will LOVE the books!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like it's going to be fabulous! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The synopsis already had me laughing out loud! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I've never jumped on the Percy Jackson band wagon but its been only good things I've heard about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are pretty much only good things to say! I hope you decide to give Percy Jackson a try!

      Delete
  5. Shame on me, I've only ever read the first Percy Jackson book. I really liked it, I just never got around to finishing the series. Maybe I will!

    -Ashley
    What's Your Story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They only get better. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of them!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any Percy Jackson books, but I've really been wanting to. Hopefully I can squeeze them in soon. I hope you like this one!

    Check out my WoW - http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-song-of-david-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They're all so good. I hope you get to them soon and I can't wait to see what you think of them!

      Delete
  7. Didn't know one of these was coming out! I'll have to get it for my school library to go with the one on the Greek Gods. Great pick! Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!! i loved percy jackson's greek gods, so I'm hoping this one will be just as entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea a new Percy Jackson book was coming out. I haven't read any myself, but this one sounds like it'll be a really fun read. I hope you really love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read the Percy Jackson books, I keep hearing so many good things about them! I hope you enjoy this :)

    ReplyDelete